Sunday, January 20, 2013

Songs my mama sang me

Tonight's bedtime was spectacularly better than last nights, but still a bit off-routine from what has become the norm. We had a busy morning at Seattle's Pacific Science Center, then a late nap, late dinner, late bath all added up to tears when we put him into his crib.

"No! No! Need mama! Need Mama snuggle on couch!" He cried, the tears were barely contained by his long lashes. He reached for me. "need Mama! NEED MAAAAAAMAAAAAA!"

We snuggled for about an hour, talking softly and singing songs. He picked his favorite stuffed bear, Poppy, and let out a sigh of content. His eyes were droopy.

"Mama snuggle Thackie. Thackie snuggle Poppy."

He fell asleep with me singing "Shenandoah" to him. I keep saying I want to record a cd of songs I sing to him regularly, included the silly ones we've made up together. I want to call it "songs my mama sang me". Many are unique to me and Zac, but many are songs my mama sang me, too.

If I ever DO this, I believe we took the album cover photo today. We found a giant acoustic guitar, and climbed in it.
















Sweet dreams, my son.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment