Monday, January 9, 2012

it's official.

I think I have to start calling Zachary a toddler. He's officially walking.

We really, REALLY need to work on child-proofing the kitchen cabinets and drawers. He thinks it's great fun to pull them open and sling things out onto the floor, and goes into quite the temper fit when I do not let him. I'm fine with leaving the tuperware drawer unsecured for some throwing, but not the pots and pans, and not the stuff under the sink.


Big boy!

Today, at daycare, they took food that was raised in our daycare-wide food drive to the local food bank. They loaded up 8 babies into the wagon, and loaded up the food in the other wagon and off they went. Zachary was one of the infant room kids that got to go, and they said he was wide-eyed and smiling and waving at everyone they passed on the walk. That's my boy, the ambassador of goodwill! Total donation was 156 pounds of food. They also weighed the 8 kids on the food donation scale and came up with 182 pounds of children. I don't know why that amuses me like it does. Z's best buddy, Finley, went on the field trip too.


Zac & Finley, playing at Montlake Ale House


He continues to amaze me, every day. My favorite part of the day is the look on his face when he sees me come in the door to get him at daycare. His face splits open with a grin, and he heads for me as fast as his little legs will carry him. It is amazing to feel so much love for him, and to feel it returned in his smiles and pats. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. 1. We had all the tupperware on the lowest, open shelf in our kitchen so that when our kids were that age it was readily available to them. It worked to keep them away from the pots and pans (which we hid).
    2. I love that moment when I pick my kids up from school more than anything. Such a sweet reunion! Don't you feel like the center of the universe?
    3. I want BlogPress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're going to try the magnetic locks. That's what they have on the cabinets at Z's daycare, and it appeals to the nerd in us. ;-)

    Picking him up at school reminds me of nursing. My very PRESENCE makes his world light up at that moment. It is just so awesome!

    BlogPress has some issues, it doesn't always respect line breaks (particularly when you edit a previous post), but it has been really instrumental in me being able to write a lot this week - I have a keyboard/case for my iPad, and I can write after I put Z to bed, which is when I retire for the night as well. Blogging from bed! Ultimate luxury! It also supports multiple blogs. All in all, worth my $2.99 http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blogpress/id317799861?mt=8

    ReplyDelete