Friday, January 25, 2013

Guess who's coming to dinner?

Had a hard time getting Zac motivated for school today.  They are building a new Fred Meyer behind our house, he really just wanted to watch the "confucktion site" to see "W'at dumb fuck doin?" (translation: Construction site - what dump truck doing).  I put on my best excited voice and said "DO YOU KNOW WHO'S GOING TO BE AT SCHOOL TODAY?"

It's true, it's Friday, and good things happen on Friday's.  There's dance class, for one thing.  There's a couple of children who are not there other days of the week, not to mention his beloved teachers.  I honestly expected a logical answer from my two year old.

His eyes lit up, and he said "SANTA?!?!?!"


He's developed a cute way of saying no, it's a "I'm just joshin' ya," sort of "naaaaaaw" no.  He answered his own question about Santa with a "NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW."

He thought for a second.  "BARACK OBAMA?!?!?!?!?!"


"NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW." Not Barack Obama.

He thought a little more. "MAMA! Is it GRANDMA?!?!?"



I feel like a total jerk for being the one to have to tell him it's not Grandma, either.  It's just the same people you see every day.  Maybe I can make up for the Grandma disappointment by taking him to the pediatrician this afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment