Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Vroom, Vroom!

Where do little boys learn to play cars and make car noises?  We do not have a preponderance of gender specific toys, and the car collection only started once he really got into his first car.  The other night, Zac was wearing pi's that had trucks on them.  It was like light dawned on Marblehead.  He looked at the cars, looked at me, then pinched his fingers together and ran them up his arm, making the "vrooooooooom" noise.  He moved the car to my leg, smiled and said "Beeep beep!  Vrooooooom" then ran it up my leg too.

He's become fascinated with spaces where he doesn't really fit.  He likes to sit in the smallest toy box, he also likes the open nook under the counter.  Last night, he got the empty cardboard box that the delivery of diaper wipes arrived in, and drug it into the kitchen where I was making dinner.   He worked out getting into the box on his own, then started to scoot himself across the floor by bending his knees and scootching his butt.  "VROOOOOOOOOM!"


This was all fine and good until he figured out he was stuck in the box.  "Uh OH!  UH OH!  DAAAAAH-EEEEE! DAAAAAH-EEEEE!" he called.  It took me a moment to stop laughing and lift him out of the box.  He then decided it was a better plan to put Elmo and Cookie Monster in the box, and to push/drive it around the kitchen.

I wish I understood more about how he learns.  He amazes me every day with some new thing.  And whenever I am convinced he's a genius and we should go ahead and enroll him in college, he does something like shoving a super hero down his diaper and laughing maniacally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment